Back in early May-2019, I was going to take a quick look at one of my regular goto sites >
For some unknown reason (and it has happened only once), I was sent to this page >
This was the message >
Our system thinks you might be a robot!
We’re really sorry about this, but it’s getting harder and harder to tell the difference between humans and bots these days.
Please complete the captcha below to prove you’re a human and proceed to the page you’re trying to reach.
I clicked in the empty reCAPTCHA box – to confirm that I am NOT a ‘robot’.
If that wasn’t enough, I was then presented with a bunch of characters, with various amounts of compression – all having some random rotation…
An empty text field was waiting for my response…
Decided to try entering a longer sentence. Maybe the ‘algorithm’ would be smart enough – to see what I was doing…
Here were some of my entries >
- Looks like your antenna picked up my transmission signal… 🙁
- If you had a “differential computer” – you wouldn’t have this problem…!
- Your system needs better integration – with our system…
- My friend ‘Watson’ – said I could do it…
- Evolution is fraught with obstacles…
- How can I proceed – when I don’t know the page that I haven’t seen yet…?
- You’re sorry! If I try harder – will you be unsorry…?
- If you have a vision problem – maybe it’s time to see a eye doctor…!
- I am not a robot… bot… bot… bot… bot…
- You know – we have the same problem. Sometimes we can’t tell humans apart… 🙂
- Instead of typing some useless captcha – can’t I just send you my DNA…?
Needless to say – but none of my long ‘guesses’ were correct… 🙁
There’s a slim chance that all these responses are saved to some log file. Then a coding professional – might read them one day and have a chuckle…
Mind you – with billions of these ‘tests’ being generated everyday, it seems unlikely that anyone would ever get a ‘chuckle’…
Maybe it’s time – for someone to make a website, that just caters to ‘robots’. It will give them something better to do – rather than wreak havoc on websites made for humans…
On the other hand – let the ‘robot’ visit a science related website. If it helps them get ‘smarter’ – all the better… 🙂
Over the past several years, there seems to be a growing push to advance AI research.
Plus I’m getting tired of first having to perform a ‘test’, just to visit a website >
- Matching letters
- Looking for buses
- Looking for crosswalks
- Looking for store fronts
- Looking for traffic lights
- Looking for cars
- Looking for bicycles
- Looking for fire hydrants
How about something more creative and challenging?
- Spot the difference between apples and oranges
- Find the worst solder joint – on a PCB
- Select the correct contents of Pandora’s Box
Got an idea – to make the following weCatchYa image >
This graphic was done just for fun. No ill will is implied, expressed or suggested, against the non-human sub-culture…